Browse By

Fast Food Just Tastes Better in Australia

I went to Hawaii in 2014, I was so excited and surprised to find KFC there, so naturally I wanted to try what “KFC tastes like here” – I was very quickly met with disappointment. A few days later I had Mcdonalds, and found it quite surprising and slightly strange that every meal came with a side of pineapple. Overall I was not happy with my fast food experience.

US woman gone viral claiming Aussie KFC tastes better than America. Picture: TikTok/@sophiainsydneySource:TikTok

Fast forward today, a US lady has gone viral on TikTok for sharing her stunned reaction after eating KFC in Australia for the first time.

Sophia, who is originally from Los Angeles but now lives in Sydney, said KFC tastes “more fresh here”.

“This is the first time I am trying KFC in Australia,” Sophia said in the video.

“I swear the fast food in Australia is so much better than the fast food in America because the quality of the food is just a lot better, like you can see it in the photos and the videos as well.”

via TikTok

After posting a photo of a Big Mac on her instagram, Sophia said, “All my friends from California were like wait, why does that look so good?

“I have a theory that Australians are smaller than Americans because Australians charge for condiments and the portions are smaller,” Sophia added. Her posts were met with hundreds of comments. ““I think it’s because Australia has really high food safety/food quality standards from our Government,” one person wrote.” “I swear the first time I ate McDonald’s in Australia, I was like wow, this is sooooo much better. Macca’s in America is literally the worst,” another wrote.

It’s fair to say, we have some of the highest food standards in the world and its truly reflected in the fast food we consume today.