Browse By

Mum’s $1500 toy shopping spree divides the internet

A Queensland woman has been criticised by fellow mums, for buying three trolleys full of toys for her toddler.

An Aussie mum who shared snaps of her huge shopping spree from Big W’s annual Toy Mania sale has sparked a huge divide on social media.

The Gold Coast woman posted photos of her $1,500 haul in a Facebook group.

she captioned the images: “Three trolleys later and my $1,500 online order, I’m going to have one happy little girl.”

The self-proclaimed “crazy Christmas mum” explained in her post that she shared images of her haul to inspire other mums to do the same.

A woman who spent $1,500 during Big W’s Toy Mania sale has been criticised for spoiling her daughter. Picture: Facebook
A woman who spent $1,500 during Big W’s Toy Mania sale has been criticised for spoiling her daughter. Picture: FacebookSource:Supplied

However, fellow mums commented that her buying was too much and criticised her for spoiling her daughter.

“No judgment as I was just like you but if I could turn back the clock, I would have spent less money on rubbish toys and spent on holidays and giving my kids quality time and making memories together,” a mum commented.

The woman was among thousands of Big W shoppers who took advantage of the retailer’s sale to stock up on toys and plan ahead for Christmas presents

Other customers continued that the $1,500 tag was a little excessive, and that the child would never understand the value of money.

However, not everyone agreed, with many defending the mum while branding those complaining as “whingers” and “jealous”.

“I have two girls and I absolutely spoil them for birthdays and Christmas. If you are making assumptions that spoiling your child makes them a brat, then that’s on you,” one mum commented.

The comment of the day came from this mother who added: ”If anyone’s interested, I just filled up my trolley at Dan Murphy’s and it cost me $750. I will be having a lot more satisfaction out of that then they will be getting from those toys. #daydrunk”.