Lockdown restrictions ease in Victoria – What are the new rules?
The 14 day lockdown in Victoria has come to an end. However, some restrictions still remain despite 0 locally transmitted cases were fount today. So what does the end of the lockdown mean for you?
There are some of the rules being enforced once lockdown ends:
- You can leave the house anytime, but the travelling distance has increased to 25km radius. You can only leave for 5 specific reasons.
- Metropolitan: No house guest but you can have up to 10 people in outdoor gatherings. Regional: Once per day. you can have two visitors and their dependants.
- Schools will be able to return to in-person learning.
- Office workers have been asked to remain at home if possible but will be allowed to open for up to a quarter of staff, no more than ten people.
- Masks will no longer be required outdoors unless you cannot maintain a 1.5 metre distance.
- Funerals are limited to 50 people, weddings are limited to 10. Religious ceremonies will be capped at 50 people inside.
- Retail can reopen with density limits of one person per four square metres.
- Community sport can return to training.
As for interstate travel, it’s being updated by the different state premiers so go to the state government website for updates.